Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Faith...

I went through a season of my life where the whole idea of a Higher power creating life as we know it seemed a little far fetched. I wouldn't say I ever quit believing in God, but after so many years of ignoring Him it wasn't an easy process to return. Looking back it's actually pretty funny that one of the most difficult aspects of returning to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ was creation. It was very difficult for me to fathom that a never beginning and never ending God could have created everything we see.

I guess the best way to put it is that I have always wanted a clear cut answer for everything and I needed proof to believe. What I finally had to realize is that I will never have complete proof about the creation of the world and that is exactly the way God planned it. There is a verse in the bible in book that makes my point a little clearer...

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
- Hebrews 11:3


The Bible mentions the word faith hundreds of times and it blows me away that God reveals just enough in the scriptures to give us the choice of whether or not to believe. All the evidence we need is right in front of us, but what we do with it is where our faith comes in. Here's what I mean. If you open the Bible and start reading the very first book, Genesis, it lays out exactly how the world was created; now whether you believe it or not is up to you. Unfortunately for most of us faith is what makes it so difficult. We live in an era where answers come to us as quickly as we can type the questions into google and believing in something through faith is often a foreign concept.

Just remember that whether you believe in creation or you believe that everything we see around us evolved from a single atom millions of years ago, both take faith. And if faith is what you lack, ask God to help you with your doubts and your questions. That's exactly what I did and my life hasn't been the same. I came across this video a while back. It will hopefully give you a small glimpse of just how majestic the universe around us really is...

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11:1


>

No comments:

Post a Comment